Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Matte Painting Challenge #2 "Barlangis" (Complete)

Here are a few thumbnails I sketched out to get an idea of the direction I want to go.  Trying to keep it simple and focusing on the composition and values mainly.

Alright I finally got around to completing the next part with this challenge.  I made some color sketches based off the first and last black/white thumbnail.
Okay, so I got some feedback from the last set of color sketches both good and bad.  For the sake of following my original concept and time I scrap the color sketches and proceed to the photo texturing right over the thumbnail.  I want to focus on the composition and the values first before moving to colors.
Deadline is right around the corner, I took the image and threw on some color to convey mood.  
Yes its almost time, one day left, I have made an update of the two color comps and will be moving towards the day time scene.  
Alright times up for me, here is my final I hope you all like it because I sure learn a lot from this one.